Middle School Math Teacher
The Ethical Community Charter School, 95 Broadway, Jersey City, NJ, is looking for a Elementary School Teacher. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and proof of Teaching Certificate to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are currently offering a sign on bonus.
EXHIBIT A - JOB DESCRIPTION
Head of School and Vice Principal
Responsibilities and Duties
Develops lesson plans and classroom learning activities
- Achieves TECCS mission and educational goals and objectives by promoting active learning in the classroom using TECCS curriculum.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials to provide individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Develops essential questions for unit, chapter, and lesson plans and carries through presentation to effectively achieve these objectives.
- Plans class activities and lesson presentations that are age-appropriate for the class and meet the individual needs, interests and ability levels of all student.
- Includes ethical connections in lesson plans and incorporates at least one Civic Literacy Project or Community Service Project per school year.
Instruction and student contact
- Monitors student academic progress and personal growth toward stated objectives of instruction.
- Maintains records of students’ educational progress in class record books and/or board approved forms and summarizes these marks for reporting purposes.
- Identifies student needs and provides instruction appropriate to those needs.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve an ethical classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Budgets class time effectively.
- Devises written and oral assessments, which require analytical and critical thinking.
Contact with parents and community
- Communicates with parents through emails and conferences to inform them about the school program and to discuss student progress.
- Makes effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program.
- Involves community and parent volunteers to enhance curriculum whenever possible.
Professional contacts and activities
- Cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and resolving learning problems.
- Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement through in-service education and other professional growth activities.
- Participates and contributes in school-wide planning, faculty meetings, and committees.
- Shares learning with colleagues.
- Incorporates lessons, ideas, and suggestions provided by Professors-in-Residence.
- Students, and when assigned, student teachers, classroom aides, and interns.
- Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations, and board policy.
- Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment as may be assigned.
Education level: BA or MA or higher
Certifications and licenses as required to meet job obligations as required by the State of New Jersey and / or the U.S.
The Ethical Community Charter School is a K-8 Public Charter School located in Jersey City, NJ. Students are selected by public lottery.
The Ethical Community Charter School is a safe and caring community where ethics, service, and social justice are the principles that inform every aspect of school life; where teachers lead and collaborate with students in a culture of rigorous academics and mutual respect; where analytical thinking and creativity are prized over rote learning; where children become individuals of integrity, insight, autonomy-and socially productive citizens, workers, leaders.
Job Description Board Approved Date: May 15, 2020
Your application has been successfully submitted.